British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got home from work this afternoon to a sight I wasn't expecting to see. Apparently a couple of my discus paired up over the weekend and I now have eggs!!

They laid them on the front of my internal filter. I missed the entire courtship ritual. But they are guarding them something fierce. The pair is a blue diamond and a checkerboard pigeon.

There's at least 200+ eggs, and only 12 or 13 are white.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We we will see. They are in the community tank so I am not holding out much hope.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I guess some of my fish had a snack in the night. Most of the eggs are gone this morning. I wasn't really ready to breed right now anyways, but it is very cool to know that my fish are ready to.

·
Registered
8,717 Posts
Was over at Daniel's this afternoon to drop off his gear and shot some pics of his community tank which had a new batch of eggs!

You can see the parents and the eggs on the side of the UV sterilizer:

Closeup of same:

And obligatory pleco shot....an L201 in the same tank:

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Those pics look great. The eggs have since become a snack but they made for a nice shot.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Nicee. Congrats. Hope it works out well for you :)

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Congratz on the eggs hopefully u get some fry soon..hard when is a community tank

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys. The eggs seem to disappear after about a day. I am not working to get fry right now. Too busy to try and raise them right now.

Johnny, I have no idea who's male and who's female. Only way to know for sure is see them laying eggs and I haven't seen it yet. I just find them after the fact.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Congrats, Hopefully you become a new parent!!

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well the latest batch of eggs has produced wigglers. I am not holding out much hope for them becoming free swimming as it is a community tank, but who knows. I never expected wigglers either.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have 7 fry (are they fry yet?) on the front of a piece of driftwood. They are so tiny. I am hoping they will attach to the parents.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
I have 7 fry (are they fry yet?) on the front of a piece of driftwood. They are so tiny. I am hoping they will attach to the parents.
best of luck with them

1 - 20 of 21 Posts