British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
My planted tanks...
Gh and nitrate. Once in a while phosphates if I think my water column is very messed up.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
When I first set up the tank, I measure PH, Ammonia, Nitites and Nitrates..

When the tank matures, I only measure nitrates once in a while.

However, I paid attention quite a bit to PH GH KH on breeding tanks.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone for the comments and advice, I got myself the API master freshwater test kit and also purchased a GH & KH kit. From what I've read it seems PH , GH , ammonia , nitrite and nitrate are the ones to keep in check constantly. I'm not fan of adding a lot of chemicals to stabilize water chemistry so I plan on doing 25% water changes weekly and see how that goes. :bigsmile:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Thanks everyone for the comments and advice, I got myself the API master freshwater test kit and also purchased a GH & KH kit. From what I've read it seems PH , GH , ammonia , nitrite and nitrate are the ones to keep in check constantly. I'm not fan of adding a lot of chemicals to stabilize water chemistry so I plan on doing 25% water changes weekly and see how that goes. :bigsmile:
Make sure doing that big of a water change that water temp matches that of the tank as it could have affect on temp

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

·
ORIGINAL FORUM GANGSTER
2,394 Posts
Switched to a drip system and I don't really do much besides feed my fish

·
ORIGINAL FORUM GANGSTER
2,394 Posts
Yes I built it all. No floats at all I run fresh water through carbon and other filters then it gets dripped into the D.t at around 70 gallons a day. I have overflows and sumps so it goes down into the sumps and the extra water drains out a overflow in the sump and into my hot water tank drain in my closet

·
ORIGINAL FORUM GANGSTER
2,394 Posts
When I first set it up

Reactions: Gaia
1 - 14 of 14 Posts