British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,114 Posts
I converted my fish room to an bird room
Budgies, Bourke parakeet, cockatiels, Zebra finches, and lovebirds.
&
2 cats

I also like cultivating the bamboo and banana plants around my place

I also have my collector car = Chev SSR
and Harley Try Glide for the days when my back in not bothering me<G>

·
Registered
394 Posts
Those look interesting. What are they?

I only have 4 fish so most of my tanks are filled with frogs and turtles. (and I'm cutting back on those too)

Right now I am doing some things to my car to get it ready for collectors plates next year.

I spend a lot of evenings walking with my wife down at the Vedder river.

And I'm on the hunt for new wheels for my other car.

Pretty boring stuff. :lol:

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
I collect fruit trees and citrus trees. Up to 33 fruit trees (mostly multiple variety grafted trees of peach/apricot/nectarine/plum/apple/persimmon/Asian pear/European pear/figs etc. on dwarf/semi-dwarf rootstock) and about 50 citrus trees (dif. lemons/limes/orange/mandarin/grapefruit/pomelo). Takes up a huge amount of backyard and greenhouse space. I also have about 20+ blueberry bushes and 10 other berry types (Logan, Lingon, Taye, Raspberry, Strawberry, Red & Black currant, Goose, Cran, etc.)

I'll eventually downsize and keep mainly my favourite fruits & citrus, but I'm very OCD when it comes to collecting different varieties.

Anthony

·
Registered
205 Posts
Newts! I have two Chinese Fire Belly Newts and their baby "Newtlet", who is an Eft right now so he's terrestrial. Cycling a small tank for him to try to get him to go aquatic soon...
Also gardening and maintaining our pond. I am jealous of all the fruit and citrus trees you have Seahorse Fanatic, but we frequently have bears in our backyards so I wouldn't want to tempt them!

Vertebrate Wood Organism Reptile Lizard
("Newtlet")

·
Registered
617 Posts
I have too many interests and don't spends enough time on any of them.. LOL..Pets , plants shooting & reloading. Fishing , riding my quad......And then there's the computer and electronics, rockhounding....and the interests go on .

·
Registered
680 Posts
Bioactive reptile setups, bearded dragons, carnivorous plants, succulents, and then computer stuff. I want to get into birds but my lady is definitely not a fan of them sadly. When I get the chance hiking, biking, etc.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Used to keep Java finches and budgies when I was a kid mannnnnnnnnnnnny years ago, I remember Java finches were $1.50 each at Woolworth stores.
Cheers Older than dirt :lol:
I remember waxbill finches at 99 cents. They were all wild caught and probably 95 per cent died before reaching the pet shop. It must have really done a number on wild populations.

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
I've done many animals. Showed and bred angora rabbits and spin their wool on a spinning wheel, knit, used to sew, Guinea pigs, had chickens, raised pigs, geese, turkeys, ducks, did the lizard thing for my son. Had budgies and lovebirds. And of course dogs...had yorkies and of course now I have poodles.do a bit of building mainly just
For fish racks, Rsbbit cages etc .
Now
All my time is consumed with fish and the store. Oh and of course my 38 year career was dog grooming . Now just mine.
I guess you can say most
Of my life was in animals!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have too many interests and don't spends enough time on any of them.. LOL..Pets , plants shooting & reloading. Fishing , riding my quad......And then there's the computer and electronics, rockhounding....and the interests go on .
hey dave, what do you shoot and where do you shoot?

I primarily go to MRG, but am on the list to sign up at Abby for their friendlier pistol range rules.

I know about computers and electronics...that's what I do for work. :)

·
Registered
236 Posts
hmmm, animals, 2 dogs, 1 cat, one African gray parrot, 2 ponds, aquariums. Plants as well, mainly rare/new perennials since I can get them cheap at work ; )
I love to travel as well and try to get one exotic trip in a year. This November it's Peru !

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.