British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what types of food you guys feed your big fish as the most cost effective/ healthy way to fill up your bigger 12+ inch fish?

I have my 16” bluebase crossback arowana eating northfin carnivore, northfin arowana floating pellets, and frozen market prawn twice a week.
My 4 indo and 1 ntt datnoids are on northfin carnivore daily and frozen market prawn 2x a week.

I was thinking of feeding some sort of frozen fish fillet to fill up my arowana because it only eats a few pellets per day then starts spitting them out. Or should i try hikari floating sticks? Whats your guys feeding regime?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Do you find that Northfin Carnivore makes your tank Stink 12hrs or so after feeding? I've got 3 FX6s running on my 250gal, and still have smelly issues after feeding northfin carnivore. No problems with hikari massivore though.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have not had that issue with northfin carnivore. But then my tank is also densely planted and my flagtail never leaves any leftovers to rot

·
Registered
40 Posts
I feed all my monsters chopped tillapia Basa and sole fillets, as well as whole and chopped smelt, shrimp, kingworms, crickets and cockroaches(blabica dubia). And as far as feeding schedule I feed my grow out tanks 1-2 times a day with the occasional day off. My 240 gal and 500 gal pond i feed every second day

1 - 5 of 5 Posts