British Columbia Aquariums banner

What fertilizer would you want if I bought a bulk amount to part it out?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If I were to purchase a bulk amount of fertilizer and part it out, what fertilizer would you want? Place your vote on the poll!

KNO3 is already available, check the equipment classifieds. $10 for 2lbs.

I can buy other fertilizers if interest is great enough and I break even with the potassium nitrate.

·
Registered
8,717 Posts
The only other one I does regularly is potassium sulphate. My fishload seems to produce enough phosphates (probably from the food). One that you may consider is CaCl as you usually can only buy it in bulk. If you have that and want to divvy out, I would be into some, as it probably dissolves better than plaster of paris.

·
Registered
85 Posts
All of the above and CaCl and Mg especialy when running high light / co2 tanks or I will get defficiencies (holes in leafs).

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll look into calcium chloride and Mg. If anyone else wants these, just make a post, as I can't edit the voting polls.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just my opinion, but I wouldn't bother with doing this with Mg, as epsom salts are available at every drug store or grocery store in 2 to 5 lb bags (even Costco) cheaply. It's the other stuff that is hard(er) to get in small quantities.
I feel the same way. I'll look into the calcium chloride though.

·
Registered
206 Posts
If I were to purchase a bulk amount of fertilizer and part it out, what fertilizer would you want? Place your vote on the poll!

KNO3 is already available, check the equipment classifieds. $10 for 2lbs.

I can buy other fertilizers if interest is great enough and I break even with the potassium nitrate.
Don't buy too much, if your not a farmer :D Might get raided by CIA for other uses for fertilizers

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm positive I'm already on their watch list... Had to sign off on some government form before I could purchase it.

It'll be CSIS, not the CIA :) Fortunately its not as readily explosive like ammonia nitrate, I'd definitely be martyred at that point.

Let me know if you need any Potassium Nitrate, I've got enough for ten people left, then we can buy the other stuff and part it out. I just don't want to get stuck with a bunch..............

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The only economical means to buy it is in bulk to portion it out. I'm kinda stuck with 20+lbs of potassium nitrate right now though, so I don't think I'll be buying any other fertilizers in volume anymore :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts