British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just as it says! I suppose there is already a thread like this but being new here i haven't found it yet so why not!! ~S~

Currently keeping, but also looking to rehome...
2 oto's, 1 rainbow shark, 1 Striped Raphael Cat, and 1 neon had 5 but I think the catfish keeps eating them at night?? every few weeks I wind up down 1 over night with no sign of it anywhere!!

Had.....
- Started out with swords, and cories, then moved onto more pretty (in my eyes) fishies.

- kept a pair of beautiful breeding angels (they liked to hand feed).

- a pair of breeding Kribs (The were my babies) danio's for dithers.

- El Guapo our pleco even the hubby loved him but hated the rest of the fish I think mainly because of how much I spent on them, we used to joke that if he didn't get me a 120+gal tank soon enough that El Guapo would have to live in the tub!

- Rainbows, rainbows, rainbows!! Tonnes of them well as many as I could stock in the 55.

- 1 Giant Danio took quite a while to figure out what it was wound up in a bag of boesemani rainbows that i got from auction.

- yoyo loaches I love these guys so much fun to watch play and dance but such a pain in the rear when they uprooted my plants ugg...

- 1 Jack Dempsey juvie....but not for long he started terrorizing the occupants of the 55gal.

- a whole tank just for snails

- a few dwarf froggies

- a couple beta tanks

- panda cories and micky mouse platies in the kiddies room

- Penguin tetras for the hubby, he's a pens fan and loved the hockey stick shapes.

- endlers these guys drove me INSANE!!! I wanted them for soo long best deal I could find was 5$ a piece I finally found them at auction one day and got them home they had their own tank, try as I might the more I tried to look after them properly like I did with the rest of my tanks the more the little buggers got sick... So eventually I stopped looking after them I only fed them once every few days did a 10% watch change every few weeks no heater....and what did they do?? They decided they would thrive no longer did they get sick, but breed wow I always had fry after a while. The last of them died off last summer, they drove me crazy!!

I think thats it tho I may have missed some...

G

·
i started with swordtails in a 10 gallon when i was in college ... then i moved here for university and i had two black moors in a bowl ... further on, larger tank 20 gallons with two bubble eye goldfish, 4 aquatic frogs, some guppies, a pleco, apple snail ... further on, even larger tank 30 gallons which i have now containing four dwarf puffers, 11 amano shrimp and 6 otos, malaysian trumpet snails in the substrate ... i also have a tank of red cherry shrimp 15 gallons, a tank of 2 aquatic frogs 2.5 gallons, a 5 gallon tank of over 300 red ramshorn snails and a betta in another 5 gallon tank :)

·
Registered
318 Posts
previous/original tank
RCS...Green shrimps..otos..amano shrimps...had some casualties from last year's heat wave and diy co2...therefore:

current tank
amanos...assassin snails..neon and cardinal tetras..cories..oto..zebra danios

·
Registered
311 Posts
Have: 5 bettas, 2 otos, 10 white cloud mountain minnows, 1 ghost shrimp.

Had about a hundred years ago: a couple of comet goldfish.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Right now I have SA cichlids(JD's,Oscar,etc...)setup, West african lungfish setup,asian arrow,indo datnoid,flagtail,Giant gourami, nile perch,parrot fish,etc..... type setup. Although 2 out of my three JD's are for sale along with the lungfish. I also have an electric eel in his own tank and another tank with a fly river turtle. I'm selling off most of my tanks because I want to set-up a predator saltwater setup, there are not a lot of these kind of setups here in b.c. so I though it would be something kinda cool. I'm only keeping my 7 year old oscar and a super high grade 5" JD along with my electric eel and FRT. I've kept though african cichlids,bettas,goldfish, and stingrays in the past when I started out.
When I set-up me salt tank I will bee keeping: An emperor angel,zebra moray eel, yellow tang, panther grouper and later down the road a bamboo shark.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts