British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
618 Posts
If the statue is plaster (Plaster of Paris) , it is calcium sulphate. It will soften and slowly dissolve in tank water. If it is , it isn't poisonous to the fish , but it will raise the total hardness of the water.. It could also release other minerals to the water, depending on it's composition, that could be toxic. I would take it out and keep it out of your tanks. If an item's not glass, plastic, fired ceramic or otherwise marked aquarium safe , I wouldn't use it in tanks .
 
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top