British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I woke up this morning to a strange-looking white webbed stuff stuck to the glass. I have tried google search and it looks like some sort of slime mold? It appeared overnight, and I am not sure what to do. There is not a lot of information out there, I am hoping someone has seen this and knows what to do. Our tank has been maintained and is cycled since setting it up in early November, and seems like a happy tank. We have a fairly new eheim classic filter and lighting for plants, live plants and Malaysian wood since the beginning...this is new and weird, I am alarmed.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,423 Posts
Wow...... I've been in this hobby for 30+ years and I have NEVER encountered slime mould in any of my tanks. Very intriguing!

Best regards,

Stuart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I JUST watched a short video about slime mould! Its SUPER cool!
I'm glad you managed to get rid of it, but you're also kinda lucky you got to see it :)

Thanks for the interesting video, I just watched it:) I have noticed lately that it has come back in smaller form, and it moves around the tank...weird stuff! I feel like I have a strange sort of pet in the tank...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.