British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a medium planted tank that used to be a bit overstocked. But recently my son dislodged the intake from its guard and it sucked up a good number of fish, most of them being my cleaning crew. (don't know if this is better than the 2 times he drained the tank onto the living room floor, by pulling out the intake and causing a reverse siphon)

What i have left of the crew is:
12 amano shrimp
1 otoc (i'm planning on replacing the school that was sucked up)

other fish are Cardinal Tetra's, Phantom Tetra's and a pair of zebra danios

Using the Surface Area rule, i have 6.5 inches of stock left and i'd like to make the most of it clean up wise. before when i've tried to plan out what fish i were to get, a visit to the LFS would change all that due to not carrying what i need. So looking for solutions i can buy in town, preferably New West, Burnaby, or Coquitlam.

i was thinking of a Rubber Nose pleco, but dont think i'd be able to find one around these parts :/

·
Registered
43 Posts
Some variant of bristlenose pleco. There's always people on the forum selling silvertips, albinos, and calicos. Good algae eaters, and more attractive than plain bristlenoses.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Maybe look in our classified section, I think someone wuz selling some calico bristlenose! as for your eating java moss question... where's charles? LOL I have no clue bout pleco's, but definitely charles will be answerin that one!

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Maybe look in our classified section, I think someone wuz selling some calico bristlenose! as for your eating java moss question... where's charles? LOL I have no clue bout pleco's, but definitely charles will be answerin that one!
BN pleco will eat plant if you don't feed them.
they shouldn't make a mess of your moss if it is secured.
if it is free floating it could get moved around.
that being said i have some fancy ones in livestock classifieds.
they are Long fin Red Calicos with very beautiful long flowing fins.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
I have a medium planted tank that used to be a bit overstocked. But recently my son dislodged the intake from its guard and it sucked up a good number of fish, most of them being my cleaning crew. (don't know if this is better than the 2 times he drained the tank onto the living room floor, by pulling out the intake and causing a reverse siphon)

What i have left of the crew is:
12 amano shrimp
1 otoc (i'm planning on replacing the school that was sucked up)

other fish are Cardinal Tetra's, Phantom Tetra's and a pair of zebra danios

Using the Surface Area rule, i have 6.5 inches of stock left and i'd like to make the most of it clean up wise. before when i've tried to plan out what fish i were to get, a visit to the LFS would change all that due to not carrying what i need. So looking for solutions i can buy in town, preferably New West, Burnaby, or Coquitlam.

i was thinking of a Rubber Nose pleco, but dont think i'd be able to find one around these parts :/
Our Richmond location has a few Bull dog Plecos left. I believe they are the same fish as the Rubber nose pleco you are looking for. Chaetostoma thompsoni.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Guess that settles it, the stock space is reserved for a Long fin Red Calico BN pleco. Now with luck someone will have em in stock when my next cheque comes in :D and if my wife will let me have one...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts