British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i have a bunch of cherry shrimp.they have eaten all the alge in my tank,i feed them spirulina flakes but what else can i feed them.thanks

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
I also feed them Algae waffer, almond leafs, zucchini

·
Registered
773 Posts
Mykiss (Pat) is a sponsor here Canadian Aquatics, he carries shakira shrimp balls. I feed mine that, the shrimp cuisine (Hikari makes it) and algea waffers. When i remember they get zuccini.

·
Registered
752 Posts
there is a stuff that they use for salt water fishes i used it when i had my shrimp realy made the cherry shrimp verry red but i cannot remember the name think it cyclopseprine or something like that

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Also lettuce, spinach, carrots

·
Registered
318 Posts
shirakura...haha..or the hikari shrimp/crab meal...well and fish food..sometimes blanched veg....vary the types of food..good for the shrimps

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have mine on a 3 day cycle, two days grazing algae from moss and driftwood then third day I throw in a few pellets of crab cuisine. I break these small pellets into two so the shrimp are able to take off with them so the assassin snails dont bully their way in. Must be getting enough protien as my females are berried only a day or two RIGHT after giving birth to babies.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts