British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy some rocks for my cichlid tanks, and was hoping someone here would be able to point me in the right direction to a good local place. Ideally, something with the aesthetic of lava rock or Texas holey rock would be best, but I'm open to other rocks as well. Bonus points if it won't break the bank!

Thanks!

·
Registered
188 Posts
i remember reading awhile back there was a landscaping place that others on this forum have usually gotten them from.
as to where i cant remember. maybe someone who has purchased from there will chime in

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the help, guys! Went to Northwest Landscape and picked up 100 LBS of Feather Rock. Can't wait to see how it looks in my tanks!

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I can't seem to find golfball sized (and also flatter shaped) black lava rock east of Coquitlam. I've checked almost every landscape place between Coquitlam and Chilliwack. All other alternative variations pebble sized, larger red rocks, etc seem to be available at some of these places though. Anybody seen where black golfball sized lava rock can be purchased?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I can't seem to find golfball sized (and also flatter shaped) black lava rock east of Coquitlam. I've checked almost every landscape place between Coquitlam and Chilliwack. All other alternative variations pebble sized, larger red rocks, etc seem to be available at some of these places though. Anybody seen where black golfball sized lava rock can be purchased?
You may have better luck buying larger chunks and cutting/breaking it into smaller pieces

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Havent been able to locate bigger black lava rocks

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
Have t seen any. Closest is the Koke .
But a new supplier will be bringing rocks in soon. Not sure about black lava

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
393 Posts
I get mine outside, I have good access to rocks being in chilliwack. Of course it's not the greatest rocks, but paying money for rocks is something I won't do.

Edit: because I'm cheap, no other reason lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts