British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where to buy aquascaping rocks?

Been out of the hobby for a while and it seems like almost all the fish stores are gone now.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Check with a landscape supply depot for good selection and prices or as mentioned free from the river, just soak them in a bucket of water for a couple days to make sure they won't alter water chemistry.

·
Registered
754 Posts
RE Macdonald in Langley is excellent. I just picked up a pile of basalt and it was inexpensive. They moved all my pieces on a pallet and even helped me load it. 10/10 would do again.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the tips. For anyone else rock hunting that's looking to shell out $, I ended up buying seiryu stone from the states and shipping it to a PO box.
Came to 42$CAD for 17lbs vs locally 120$ for 20lbs

·
Registered
683 Posts
Thanks for all the tips. For anyone else rock hunting that's looking to shell out $, I ended up buying seiryu stone from the states and shipping it to a PO box.
Came to 42$CAD for 17lbs vs locally 120$ for 20lbs
What retailer did you use?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Any rocks or stones that came from riverbeds are ideal for aquariums. You can also use anything that came from a quarry. Aside from pet supply stores, you can also get rocks that you can use either for decorations or substrates from any gardening or landscaping supply store.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts