British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a AC 110 but without any media. Looked online and people suggest lava rock and plastic pot scrubbers. Would lava rock be too heavy to put it on the HOB?
Does dollarma sell pot scrubbers?

Thanks!

·
ORIGINAL FORUM GANGSTER
2,360 Posts
you can use pot scrubbers but im not a fan. I use hydroton if your looking for a cheap option. they are clay pebbles

·
Registered
807 Posts
I use Hydroton,lava rocks, pot scrubbers, filter floss,etc.
I have hydroton, & Lava rock for sale if you need some.
Shoot me a PM.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I prefer the lava rock, it doesn't float like clay pebbles usually do, you can easily break it down to whatever size you want plus it's pretty cheap from places like Lowes, 20 bucks for about 5 gallons worth

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have used Marineland filters, which work extremely well and I can recommend them. After installing this filter floss in my HOB filter, I was pleasantly surprised at how clearer the water is now...I have a planted 55-gallon with about 55 community tropical fish in it and good filtration is important. The filter pad is easy to cut to fit my HOB filter AND I do rinse out the pads, in the tank water, during my weekly water changes so I typically can use the filters up to 3 or 4 times before I need to change them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts