British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,207 Posts

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
i hate to say it, but petcetera you can get the fluval edge prefilters, i got the sponge to fit over my xp1 intake quite nicely. I looked at IPU first, just couldn't find it there :/ Nice thing is it indicates when i need to give it a good squeezing cause it'll compress to the strainer :p

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just use aquaclear sponges, cut an x in it and slide over intake.
I did that already,I liked the result no significant changes in flow/GPH but I do not like the look (it's like a cheese hanging in my tank:D)efficiency and looks would be nice(hope I will not draw debate).thanks for all the input,(Discusdigger)Mike just PM me and he might have what I'm looking for

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Noah's Pet Ark has the Fluval edge and so does Big Als Online (but you have to search for it carefully, I think you have to type in either Fluval or prefilter). I think I remember seeing them at IPU in Richmond, but that could be a brain glip.

I have found that some sponge filter sponges work quite well, too. Like Taureandragon, I also have an aquaclear sponge in one of my tanks. It doesn't need rinsing as often.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts