British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where to buy a portable air cooler? I need one for my room.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Since I just bought mine, I'll tell you.. BESTBUY, but I had no choice but to go futureshop cuz they sold out!
Futureshop are the worst people to deal with, I have a huge issue right now dealing with them over email and management!
And one of the worst thing is, the gentlemen had my air conditioner, I said I'll go get my car, come back in 10 minutes, he already forgotten who the hell I am, he even asked me if I needed help finding anything! That's terrible customer service, and he misguided me on extended warranty!
Please go bestbuy with everything! Even though they're same owners, they are still different companies and run under different rules!

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
Costco, CanTire, Best Buy, Home Depot all carry them. It's hard to find a place that does not sell portable ACs nowadays.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I checked Home Depot and Canadian Tire website and they didnt have any Air Coolers listed at all...they did have Air Conditioners listed.

I will check BestBuy and Costco and see if I can find any listings online.

EDIT:
BTW Air Coolers are not Air Conditioners

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Bestbuy got a few, but they're almost pretty much sold out a week ago when I got there, they go really fast!
Costco, check their website and read the reviews!
The Bay
Sears
They all sell them!

·
Registered
58 Posts
your best chance should really be bestbuy.....
they have more stocks then many other stores which will save you more research time.
They have slightly better customer service than futureshop too...
good luck!

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
your best chance should really be bestbuy.....
they have more stocks then many other stores which will save you more research time.
They have slightly better customer service than futureshop too...
good luck!
he meant they have MUCH better customer service :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
By way of air cooler do you mean the one that you add water too, and it operates as a fan but with water in it so it cools it down, but not like an a/c?

If so shoot me a pm I have one for sale.
yes! thats the one :D

I will send you a PM.

I will also be hunting for one in the stores today :)

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
I bought mine last year at costco!
To be honest with you... i can't feel the difference!
Maybe if you packed it with ice completely!
But the one I have was around $250? a little less but around that price
I would rather invest on an air conditioner, but electric bill bumps way up!

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I bought mine last year at costco!
To be honest with you... i can't feel the difference!
Maybe if you packed it with ice completely!
But the one I have was around $250? a little less but around that price
I would rather invest on an air conditioner, but electric bill bumps way up!
Thats the reason I dont want an Air Conditioner. Right now I am just looking for a "better" fan alternative :)

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Then make sure you make enough icecubes! It works pretty good if you fill the whole top cabinet with icecubes, and the bottom where you fill with water, dump tons of icecube and ice pack in! That'll work, but just really really annoying when the temperature is above 30, they melt in no time!

·
Registered
773 Posts
My mom used to have one and it worked good. I was looking for one last year to but never found anything. Its called a swamp cooler.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well, my dad wanted to get an Air Conditioner instead of the Air Cooler.

We went to best buy and looked and they only had Air Conditioners (4 pieces left), so we bought one right away :)

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
LOL! Like I said, they're selling out quick!
Besides, even if you use it, you're honestly only running it 3-4 months a year! The rest is either good temperature or freezing! LOL!

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
LOL! Like I said, they're selling out quick!
Besides, even if you use it, you're honestly only running it 3-4 months a year! The rest is either good temperature or freezing! LOL!
Thats true. The good thing about Air Conditioner is that I can use it as a heater too (not that I need to)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts