British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
I know that Rogers has some pretty longggg pieces of wood.. haven't been there for awhile now though.. I'm sure someone who goes there more often can confirm if there is still long pieces available

·
Registered
41 Posts
the beach

I have collected on the beach here on the island. I just rinse with boiling water and weight it down for a while. have never had a problem. my plecs like to rasp it more than they like bog wood. I purchase bogwood, but not driftwood. Any clean beaches near you?

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Manzanita is nice and thin and long. The thin pieces though are very light and will need to be weighed down. I had pieces in my tank for months that would still float. Looks great though. As others have said, April should have some in stock.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I picked up a nice long thin piece today on the beach out past the airport near the Iona Island Causeway, AKA "the shitpipe"

·
Registered
197 Posts
why in the world would you collect driftwood in the most polluted spot in B.C.?
Go out to Stave lake and there is lots of great stuff there. Capilano river is a good source as well when the water is really low.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
if you spend the time , and go to pitt lake , just walk along the **** you will find those types of pieces ! all the wood i have ever used in my tanks has come from that lake !

as for sinking it , well thats the hard part , also take the time to clean them very well ,and you wont have any fish deaths related to the wood anyway [email protected]!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts