British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Does anyone know of a reasonably priced place to buy a mid sized cube, with good clear, iron free glass?

ADA was around in some stores (eg. Aquarium's West) but I understand they had stocking problems and prices were a premium. They have a new brand now, and seems reasonably priced, but can anyone recommend another source/store competitive brand? Within Vancouver driving distance? I can't imagine mail order to be a good option.

Let me know your thoughts!

thank you!
Jessica

·
Registered
420 Posts
At least two CUBE tanks sold on here within the past month (a 17-g and a 40-g).

Keep your eyes peeled on BCAQUARIA. These pop up from time to time . . . although, depending on how soon you require it OR how long you can wait.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Pat from Canadian Aquatics sells Starphire tanks which are similar to ADA but cheaper.
CANADIAN AQUATICS

I may have 2-3 ADA tanks for sale in the next 2 months as well if you're able to wait.
Or like others have mentioned, keep watching craigslist or BCA.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pat from Canadian Aquatics sells Starphire tanks which are similar to ADA but cheaper.
CANADIAN AQUATICS

I may have 2-3 ADA tanks for sale in the next 2 months as well if you're able to wait.
Ah yes, sadly they are out of starphire stock and will not restock until they some some of the ADA stock.
I had contacted them earlier in the month.

thanks for the suggestion. I was wondering if there was another type of small business like that ; )

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
CANADIAN AQUATICS

Yes, I'll keep my eye out if you list a cube or two.

·
Registered
897 Posts

·
Registered
3,009 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Depending on how big you want to go I really like the Fluval Flex with it's internal filter - April's Aquarium stocks them and they are a great LFS.

If you want to go bigger the Fluval Osaka is a great option ... there is a used one for sale in Victoria

40G Fluval Osaka tank, stand and HO 24" light Saanich, Victoria - MOBILE

Hope this helps
Thank you for sending that Fluval idea along. Currently, I am running a Fluval Spec V - its the one in my avatar. As I've been drooling over pure glass cubes for a year, I'd like to try a more challenging tank. (And one that has proper dimensions to follow the rule of thirds. I can't even recall how many times I've shifted plants and hardscape around in that spec trying to arrive at a pleasing arrangement. I'm not happy with Fluval for not following proportions, or lighting. Recently I added a Finnex planted 24/7 on the spec, and am happier with what I can now grow.)

And yes, I love April's fish. For some reason, her fish and shrimp live longer in my tank than Aquarium's West. Whenever I bring home a few shrimp or a handful of micro rasborras or tetras from Aquarium's West, I have a sudden death of one or two critters within a day of arrival or within a week. April's however, always live. I've always wondered why?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts