British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

white sturgeon and others...

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  King-eL 
#1 ·
I was looking on MFK today and I saw some people had these giant fish in there tanks. Some where with SA cichlids and other fish, I thought these fish had to be in cold water? Can you keep them at 75+F for long? or will it slowly kill the fish?

#4 ·
You can keep them in warmer water but make sure there are lots of air stone or air bubbles for oxygen as that's the key to make it survive. I used to keep them back in Asian and temps will sometimes go up to 91-92F. If the oxygen in low even with clean water, they will get stressed out. However you can't keep white sturgeon or any other species as they are illegal to keep as pet here in BC. You need a permit to keep one.

#6 · (Edited)
Murray Cod and other Australian monster fresh water fish. Been wanting to get one. Some SA large catfish and Asian catfish. But not planning to get those. No room for them. There are plenty more out there that I want to have but can't find any for sale or online.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.