British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
they appear so interactive and I love the way their eyes dart around as they check something out.

if you're running a DP tank, what do you feel the minimum equipment needed is?

I'd likely get a 10 or 15 gal tank and have 3, so they can keep themselves occupied. ;)

edit - fixed typo in title :p

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
They are very cute. I grow snails between shipments. You almost need to have a snail tank to keep a supply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have 2 in a 10 gallon tank. I'm pretty sure I have one male and one female; the male chases a lot and he's clearly the dominant one. I'm thinking of getting another female to hopefully spread out the chasing some more.

They will frequently come up to the front of the glass whenever there's someone watching. They have learned that the tongs bring bloodworms and they get excited whenever they see them...even if I'm using them to plant plants lol. They're okay with bloodworms (only a particular brand). They definitely like snails more. I have another community tank I use to breed small ramshorns and pond snails. They sleep on plant leaves with their tail curled :D

They co-exist with a couple shrimp and three otos. No aggression so far. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

Snail huntin'

·
Super Moderator
6,612 Posts
I have 2 green spotted puffers in my riparium tank and I drop in excess snails from my CRS tank (and I have lots growing in a tank outside).

I also have a Porcupine puffer in my main sw reef tank. So, yeah, gotta love those puffers.

Anthony

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
For a long time I kept 6 to 8 pea puffers in a 15g column tank. (2ft tall x 1ft x1ft) Their staple diet was frozen bloodworms & frozen brine shrimp with whatever snails I could get my hands on. When buying puffers, avoid skinny ones. I found most of them died within a week or two. Set up the tank with lots of broken sight lines.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts