British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who keeps shrimp here and if so what species? Just curious also might be looking to message some of you if you don't mind helping a newbie out thanks :)

For me I only keep Red Cherry Shrimp and for some reason they all seemed to die except a couple out of 20, then all of the sudden I don't check the tank for a couple months and boom there's like 100.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
415 Posts
I have about 6 rili shrimp in my community tank. I'm useless to help you though because I just know they are alive and happy. I can't say it's my fault :)

·
Super Moderator
4,021 Posts
I have a 5 g tank full of Red cherry shrimp, I was advised to start with them, because there easy to keep. Turns out that was great advise" thanks Janice". I do nothing special just do regular water changes every couple of weeks. There's always all sizes from the tiny specs with eyes on up to adults. :cool:

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi DunderBear,
What are your water parameters right now? Are they still dying or breeding like crazy?

Sincerely
TL
Breeding like crazy now just wondering why at the start they all died. My params are like 0/0/<5 for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate, pH 6.8 GH 2 degrees and KH 4 degrees.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm glad they are breeding good now. Can't really tell you why they were dying before, could be something got into the water or simply a weak batch of shrimps.
Neocaridina cherry shrimp can survive and breed in many different kinds of water parameter. Have fun shrimping

TL

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyone keep CRS here? Have a couple questions as eventually if everything goes well I want to set up a 20 long with CRS shrimp and maybe some other species if they don't eat em.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just curious about what are ideal parameters what type of substrate and food etc.

·
Registered
66 Posts
There are a bunch of different substrates that will buffer your water to 6.5-6.7 PH. I keep most of my CRS and CBS around that range of PH, 140-160 TDS, 4-6 GH and 23-26 C
Again for food there is ton of different companies offering a variety. They all come in different sizes, shapes, colors and ingredients. Do a little research and see what food fits your needs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts