British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to an unforseen circumstances I will need to get some "cycled" water for the new tank. I would like to do it myself, but I just don't have the time as Steve already picked up the puffers for me from langly and they are right now sitting in a 1G tank. I was originally planning to have the tank setup tomorrow and start the cycling until saturday then give the tank to my gf as her birthday present. However, the puffers arrived a bit too soon... lol (but a big thanks to Steve for helping me picking them up) I was wondering if its possible for me to get some cycled water from you guys at the Richmond location if that's possible.

Of course, if I need to purchase a fish or so or even buy the water, that will be ok.

Thanks

Nick

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Icy... they're IPU now... no longer big als! and I'm doing a water change tomorrow, i have 30 gallons of cycled water!
0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, 2kh, 2gh, 10 nitrate

·
Registered
47 Posts
We would love to do you this favor. Unfortunately we no longer have locations in BC at this time.

I'm pretty sure you should be able to get some from your fellow BC Hobbyists.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Why are you looking for cycled water? Correct me if I am wrong, but the water doesn't hold any bacteria, only your filter media.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
you should get some dry bacterial cultures microbe-lift/tac.
this is what i used when i cleaned all my filters at the same time as a 75% water change.
and i had no issues with any live stock.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
You can also get some gravel etc or borrow someone's "extra filters in the tank" for a while.
gravel will only help kickstarting the cycling process. "cycled water" IMO would not help at all.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Why are you looking for cycled water? Correct me if I am wrong, but the water doesn't hold any bacteria, only your filter media.
+1 yep, there is no benefical bacteria in the water, cycled filter media is your best bet :D

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
I've got a 10 gallon cycled sponge you could have. You'd have to pick it up though, as I don't drive.

PM me if you need to.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Beneficial bacteria is not free floating in the water column it lives in and on surfaces. water from a cycled tank is about as useful as a one legged man in a ass-kickin contest.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I have a fluval 1 u can have for 20$. It's in my 120gAl tank ( I have 4 filters on the tAnk so I don't need this one)

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Just a headsup, It's been 4 weeks, this thread was long done.. Nick already stopped by my place 4 weeks ago! Just thought I let you guys know so we dun have an ongoing thread~

1 - 11 of 11 Posts