British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
As title says, want to buy a refugium for my 72g bowfront. My current in-tank one is just too unsightly to look at anymore. New or used, whatever you've got, preferably complete with light etc and not excessively expensive :D

Can probably pick up depending where you're selling from.
Thanks!

Registered
If you're looking for something small you could use an aquaclear 300 and stick a desk lamp on it. That is a cheap way to do a refuge and it takes up little space...

Registered
I was checking out the CPR Aquafuge at J&L the other day - super cool, if you don't mind spending a bit of money.

Currently, I'm building a DIY one. If it goes well, I'll tell you how I did it. ;)

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Tang- I thought about converting a filter of some kind, and looked into it a bit, but I'd really rather just get a proper one and use it for what it's made for. I'm pretty cheap, but I figure this is worth spending a bit of money on to do it right.

Otter- I've looked at the Aquafuge as well, it's beautiful.. but it is quite pricey, which would be fine if the light wasn't a whole lot extra on top of it. I would love to hear how your diy project turns out, if I can't find something in the next little while I'll either resort to ebay or build/have one built myself :3

Registered
CPR AquaFuge Small Size

I know you were looking a long time ago. Have you found one? I have a small one that I am thinking of selling.

I know have a refugium in my sump so really do not need the hang on one.

Let me know!

Jeff

Registered
I've got some large breeder boxes coming in which you can use as a refugium. They are just a tad smaller than the AC300 though but it's clear so you can see through them easily and they have lids and a control valve so that you can control the amount of water flowing in/out of the refugium

1 - 7 of 7 Posts