British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts
They are good. Keep in mind one wrong move when not adding a fish correct and you will suffer for a long time. So again be careful when adding and be patient

Discussion starter · #22 ·
They are good. Keep in mind one wrong move when not adding a fish correct and you will suffer for a long time. So again be careful when adding and be patient
Ok thanks dino. I was reading up on them and some were sayingtoo much of them could be bad i guess ill wait and see if the numbers go down a bit theyre EVERYWHERE! They werent there last night i dont know how its possible that they populate that quickly. This little scare has made me convinced i need a qt tank. Gonna go read up on how to set one up

Pods (including copepods) are actually good for a tank cause they help eat up uneaten foods and are themselves consumed as live foods by your fish & other inhabitants. A healthy pod population is something to preserve, not exterminate.

Discussion starter · #24 ·
This is just a little update in case you guys were concerened about my tanks current inhabitants. The clown is doing good he still stays in his safe zone most of the time but he sleeps under my spin stream at night. The inverts are doing a good job keeping the tank clean. The corals that ive added over a week or so ago are also doing great. The candycane is starting to pop up a new head the hammer corals isnice and plump so is the brain coral. Those three i didnt have any trouble acclimating the duncan on the other hand was finicky. I found out theyre quite sensitive to lighting and flow or maybe just the one i got. I had it on the front and the first day it bleached out and i think almost died so i moved it to the left side rear and it regained its color but wasnt opening fully so i moved it to the right side rear where it has very little flow and sorta shaded by the spin stream and it gained its color nicely and also stayed open. But then i started noticing that it would kinda shrink up at around 4 pm so i figured he is probably still not happy with my lighting. I had to tinker with it a little bit mostly reducing intensity and how long peak intensity was staying on which was a bit of a pain. Now hes doing good. Thing is ive made the condition perfect for the duncan i dont how the other ones will react so far they havent shown any negative effect so ill keep it the way it is for now. Oh and the copepods are also still doing good i didnt eradicate them

" . . . In hindsight this might not have been the best hobby for me to get into. Im probably one of the most impulsive people on the planet . . . "

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yep . . . save impulsive buying for bubble gum and chocolate bars.

Aquarium keeping requires homework to be done in advance. Otherwise, lots of mistakes happen at considerable expense. Slow down and read. Heed the advice from others who know what they are doing. Subsequently, the hobby will be far more satisfying for you in the long run.

After all: Isn't the point for having an aquarium to relax and enjoy it?

Discussion starter · #26 ·
Thank you for the advice yes ive been holding off on adding too much livestock. I did add a rbta though. i wanted a better spot for the clown to hang out at instead of swimming around my return. The anemone is doing good but the clown hasnt made his move yet its been a week now. I guess im gonna have to wait and see i might trade this clown in hes kinda boring. The corals are still doing really well.

" . . . In hindsight this might not have been the best hobby for me to get into. Im probably one of the most impulsive people on the planet . . . "

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yep . . . save impulsive buying for bubble gum and chocolate bars.

Aquarium keeping requires homework to be done in advance. Otherwise, lots of mistakes happen at considerable expense. Slow down and read. Heed the advice from others who know what they are doing. Subsequently, the hobby will be far more satisfying for you in the long run.

After all: Isn't the point for having an aquarium to relax and enjoy it?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.