British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have too many males currently and looking to sell some. I am not going to sell my alpha or beta but I still have 2 - 3 more that can go. They are all 7 - 8" or so in length, 3.5 years old. They are getting too crowded and I have to do a lot of water changes to keep nitrate in check.

This video is about a year old, the fish have grown quite a bit since then and are more blue in the fins than the video shows. They were purchased from a breeder in New Jersey in the summer of 2013. Please don't buy these fish unless you have at minimum a 180g tank and water parameters for Africans. These guys have spent their whole lives at in water at ph 8.2-8.3, and pretty hard.

I am looking for $100 for one fish, $180 for two or $250 for three.

You can PM me here or text 604-961-six nine four three. I am located in Surrey.

Thanks

·
Registered
288 Posts
They are getting too crowded and I have to do a lot of water changes to keep nitrate in check.
Adding Hydroton to your filter media can help eliminate nitrates. As well as products designed for keeping ammonia/nitrite/nitrate under control, such as chemi-pure and/or purigen. I've recently added all three to the media on one of my tanks, and it's done wonders for my water quality in between water changes.

Good luck with your sale.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Adding Hydroton to your filter media can help eliminate nitrates. As well as products designed for keeping ammonia/nitrite/nitrate under control, such as chemi-pure and/or purigen. I've recently added all three to the media on one of my tanks, and it's done wonders for my water quality in between water changes.

Good luck with your sale.
I run Purigen, doesn't help nitrates much, mainly use it for water clarity. I also have a ton of Siporax in one of my filters but because the water is highly oxygenated it doesn't house much anaerobic bacteria in this application. I do 45% water changes once a week since this tank has been set up and now getting to the point I might have to go a bit more, or decrease bioload. These are pretty big fish.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.