British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is the new fella Zakk ... He's in a 3 gallon at the moment, but soon to be in a 10 gallon:)

this is right after getting home, he got to meet one of the other fella's

His temporary home

Loves swimming thru his cave

showing off:

·
Super Moderator
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sorry Kaisa , didn't mean to look like I ignored your post , missed it somehow. He really never really had much of a current like it looked like, he went to a different tank soon after with a small filter with a flow control so its really slow now but anyway.....

Took some new pix of my lil guy , thot I'd share . He's got a new look now lol over the past few months I have been noticing some red on his fins and it really showing now. Only really shows when he's in the light, but still pretty cool. He is in a newer tank since my original post. It's a sweet 4gal glass tank, with seamless/rounded front corners nice mini pc light and mini HOB filter, which I purchased from Glen aka myaquaria ....thanks again Glen :) It sits next to my 10g & he has a healthy friendship with Billy the betta in that tank lol Keeps him from being lonely as he is the only Betta I have that isn't in a community tank. His only tankmate is a lone assassin snail , which I hope he doesn't figure out the snail would be a good snack lol. I really love this guy , he is quite the character and truly has his own personality

The new home:

Being lazy lol:

Being Zakk:

Took a couple videos as well but they are still uploading, have to add them later so.... come back later lol

·
Super Moderator
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As if theres not been enough bad things happen this week, I found Zakk dead last night. Apparently he got tangled up in a Java Fern's stringy roots and couldn't get up for air. I feel sooooo bad as I was going to pull it this weekend and remove all of the baby plants growing on the ends of the leaves as I felt it was getting a bit big. Zakk and Billy (the betta in the tank next to his) used to flare at each other and swim back and forth along the glass. It was cute to watch plus I didn't feel either one was bored lol. Zakk used to dart to the other side of the tank then back across under the fern, I am thinking he probably darted back the last time thru where the roots probably were thick in the leaves & trapped him. He was by far my favorite fish as you can probably tell lol He was in my bedroom at the end of the dresser and was the first & last fish I seen every day. Was always nice to have him in an area I seen him the most, he was quite the character at times. Needless to say I didn't even want to turn that tanks light on when I woke up :( Anyway, services were held at the Burnaby Betta Cemetery under my balcony today. Weird they are the only fish I take the time to bury, Then again it's even more weird to say my fish drowned. At any rate....He will be missed dearly! Thought I'd share a couple last vids of him as this thread will soon fade away, as my awesome betta Zakk has. RIP lil buddy...you may be gone , but will never be forgotten

Zakk ....2011

This is the first week I had him

a few months later in his new home

He really liked that plant lol If he wasn't lurking underneath it , he'd be chillin in the leaves on topl

the last pic taken of him

·
Registered
773 Posts
Sorry for your lost John, he was a beauty. Don't beat yourself up about it, accidents happen. He was a lucky guy to have you as an owner for as long as he did. RIP little guy.

·
Super Moderator
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Candy, much appreciated. I know he was just a fish lol, but these fella's are easy to get attached to with the personalities they have lol Probably have a new one in the next couple weeks, hope I can get another like him :)

·
Super Moderator
5,235 Posts
Sorry to hear about Zack's passing, John. On a lighter note... I see a 'Father's Day' gift in the making :D!

Stuart

·
Super Moderator
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Guys.....lol Stuart was going to get another one, but IPU only has a few right now, Grants putting in a big order so it will be a delayed Fathers Day gift, hopefully he get some in like Zakk :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts